Special Projects Grant
Guidelines and applications for FY21 Special Projects will be made available on Friday, January 31, 2020 with applications due no later than Sunday, April 15 at 11:59PM.
Through this funding program, the City of Dubuque provides funding to creative arts and culture projects that place community engagement at their core and that go a step beyond the conventional. Special projects are those that involve an active, two-way process in which both parties may experience change and growth. Special projects must demonstrate an intent to provide a diverse, equitable, and inclusive arts or cultural experience. Successful special project proposals must demonstrate how their project supports the organization's mission and advance the goals and priorities of the City of Dubuque's Arts and Culture Master Plan.
Eligible applicants are 1) a Dubuque-based organization who have operated as a nonprofit, tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of IRS Organizations, 2) a Dubuque-based group with their own specific mission, governing structure and budget operating under the incorporated status of a Dubuque-based umbrella nonprofit organization as their fiscal agent, or 3) an established Dubuque-based groups acting as a nonprofit.
Special Project grant applications must request a minimum of $1,500 and are limited to a maximum of $8,000. Applicants are required to demonstrate investment in a project by providing cash and in-kind matching funds in any amount that is equal to or greater than the total grant amount requested.
- January 31, 2020 - Applications for both the Operating Support and Special Projects grants available
- February 10, 2020 from 6-7:30 PM - Grant application workshop at Multicultural Family Center
- February 12, 2020 from 12-1:30 PM - Grant application workshop at Multicultural Family Center
- April 15, 2020 by 11:59 PM - Special Project applications due
- June 2020 - Grant notifications and contracts released
- July 2020 - Anticipated disbursement of funds
FY20 (July 1, 2019-June 30, 2020) Special Projects Grantees
- Dubuque County Historical Society - Home for the Holidays: A Celebration of Victorian Christmas Traditions
- Dubuque Museum of Art - Museum Apprenticeship Program
- Dubuque Symphony Orchestra - Classical Marimba
- Fly By Night Productions, Inc - The Mountaintop
- Julien Dubuque International Film Festival - Winter Film Awareness Series
- Steeple Square - Stained Glass: Engaging the Community through Dubuque's Rich Architectural Heritage
By offering Special Project funding, we support the Dubuque City Council's goals to provide 'Diverse Arts, Culture, Parks, and Recreation Experiences and Activities' and to foster 'Partnership for a Better Dubuque' as well as playing a key role in realizing the City of Dubuque's Imagine Dubuque Comprehensive Plan to foster Social + Cultural Vibrancy.