Arts and Cultural Affairs Advisory Commission
Seven members selected by the City Council to three-year terms:
- Four members of the commission shall have significant knowledge and demonstrated interest in one or more areas of the arts including music, dance, literature, visual arts, theater, folk arts, media arts, design, arts education
- Two members shall be from the business and professional community, one of whom lives or works in the cultural and entertainment district
- One member shall be an at large who lives or works outside the cultural and entertainment district
Become a commissioner
- Meets monthly, typically the 4th Tuesday of the month at 3:30 p.m.
- Five Flags Center, Orpheum Room - 405 Main St, Dubuque, IA
- Agendas are available prior to the meetings (Most Recent Agenda | View All)
- Minutes are available following approval (Most Recent Minutes | View All)
- To plan, promote, and encourage programs to further public awareness of, accessibility to, participation in, and support for the artistic and cultural development of the City
- To make recommendations to the City Council regarding the establishment of arts and cultural policies and programs, the expenditure of budgeted City funds on arts and cultural activities, and the implementation of programs for arts and culture
The mission of the Arts and Cultural Affairs Advisory Commission is to build the community of Dubuque through arts and cultural programs by developing visibility, funding, audiences, information and partnerships.
ValuesThe Arts and Cultural Affairs Advisory Commission will:
- Act with integrity;
- Increase accessibility to the arts;
- Exercise fairness and impartiality in decision making;
- Support life-long engagement in the arts, and;
- Preserve cultural heritage for future generations.