Dubuque Police Request Feedback During Accreditation Process
Cpl. Chris Gorrell
04/25/23 -- For Immediate Release
DUBUQUE, Iowa – In July 1993, the Dubuque Police Department (DPD) was originally accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Law Enforcement Agencies, CALEA. After the initial accreditation, the department has successfully completed the reaccreditation process eight times and is currently working towards its ninth reaccreditation in 2024.
To promote public transparency and trust, CALEA has established an information-sharing portal where members of the public can share comments, commendations, and other information regarding the agency’s quality of service or other information relevant to the accreditation process.
Please note, submissions go directly to CALEA and are not seen by DPD staff. CALEA is not an investigatory body and subsequently the public portal should not be used to submit information for such purposes. Information shared with CALEA will help guide the accrediting agency with information regarding DPD’s compliance with CALEA standards.
The CALEA public portal can be accessed one of two ways:
1) Go to https://www.cityofdubuque.org/209/Police
2) Select General Information
3) Select Accreditation
4) Select “Access the CALEA public portal”
5) Complete the required form and select “Send Feedback”
1) Go to http://calea.org
2) Select Public Comment Portal at the bottom of the page
3) Search For Agency: “Dubuque (IA) Police Department” and select
4) Complete the required form and select “Send Feedback”
Any questions regarding the Accreditation process or use of the CALEA Public Portal can be directed to Cpl. Chris Gorrell at 563-587-3806.
# # #