Final Week for Local Creatives to Apply to Round 1 of the Creative Empowerment Subgrant Program
Local creatives are encouraged to submit applications for Round 1 of the Creative Empowerment subgrant program by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, March 24. Offered by the City of Dubuque’s Office of Arts & Cultural Affairs and funded with $15,000 in federal National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) grant funds, the program aims to award funds to creatives residing within Dubuque city limits to aid in the production of tangible public-facing, arts-based projects that further their careers and deepen their community engagement.
Round 1: Application Deadline and Access
- Applications for consideration of projects occurring between June 1, 2023 – March 31, 2024, are due by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, March 24, 2023.
Applications must be submitted via the online application portal at https://cityofdubuque.slideroom.com.
Eligible creatives may request funds, including stipends, fees, materials, and marketing costs, that directly support arts-based project expenses incurred by producing tangible public-facing outcomes occurring within the defined funding period of performance.
No match is required. The minimum request is $500. The maximum request is $2,000. Awards will be distributed to ensure funds are available for each round. Applicants may submit an application in Round 1 and Round 2 but will only receive funding for a single project.
- Online recording of the Round 1 informational webinar.
- Virtual scheduled office hours are offered to connect with staff.
- Office of Arts & Cultural Affairs staff is available to address questions and assist in the application process.
Round 2: Upcoming Opportunity
- ROUND 2 of the Creative Empowerment subgrant program will open for applications Friday, June 2 – Friday, July 14, 2023, for consideration of projects occurring between October 1, 2023 – March 31, 2024.
A free informational webinar will be offered to anyone interested in learning more about Round 2 of the Creative Empowerment subgranting program. All are welcome to attend; advance registration is encouraged. The informational webinar is scheduled for:
Additional information related to these opportunities is available on the Creative Empowerment webpage.
The Creative Empowerment subgrant program is supported by the National Endowment for the Arts. To learn more about how National Endowment for the Arts grants impact individuals and communities, visit www.arts.gov.
For additional information, visit www.cityofdubuque.org/artsandculture or contact City of Dubuque Office of Arts and Cultural Affairs Communications and Grants Administration Assistant Laura Merrick at firstname.lastname@example.org or 563.581.4666.
# # #