US HWY 61 Southbound Lanes Closing for Bridge and Guardrail Repairs on Aug. 8
On Monday, Aug. 8, the Iowa Department of Transportation (DOT) will begin making bridge and guardrail repairs to US HWY 61 between Jones St. and S. Grandview Ave.
- US HWY 61 southbound lanes between Jones St. and Grandview Ave. will be closed, and traffic will be shifted to head-to-head traffic in the northbound lanes.
- On approximately Sept. 9, the US HWY 61 southbound lanes will re-open and the northbound lanes will close for repairs. Traffic will be shifted to head-to-head traffic in the southbound lanes.
During both the southbound and northbound lane closures, the following ramps onto US HWY 61 will be closed.
- The S. Grandview Ave. northbound ramp onto US HWY 61 will be closed. Traffic will be detoured on S. Grandview Ave. to Bryant St. to Dodge St./US HWY 20 to the Locust St. Connector.
- The W. 4th St. southbound ramp at Central Ave. onto US HWY 61 will be closed. Traffic will be directed to use the E. 9th St. southbound ramp at Elm St. as an alternative.
- If traffic should miss the E. 9th St. ramp, a secondary detour will be in place for southbound Central Ave. vehicles to loop back to E. 9th St. by way of W. 4th St. to Iowa St. to W. 9th St.
The Iowa DOT expects the project to be finished in October 2022. Motorists will need follow the posted detours and/or use different routes during this time.
View a map of current street closures and detours.
If you have questions regarding this project, please contact the Iowa DOT, Manchester Construction Office, Resident Construction Engineer, Hugh Holak, at 563-927-2397 or email@example.com.