Dubuque Regional Airport-(DBQ) is hereby soliciting Statement of Qualifications from consultants for airfield development projects that are anticipated to occur within the next five years. Subject to receipt of Federal funding and/or State funding, these projects may include the following, which are not listed in any order of priority or importance:
1. Acquire Snow Removal and Deicing Equipment (Plow, Blower and Deice Vehicles)
2. Acquire Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting Testing Equipment
3. Update 2022 Airfield PCI Study and Report PCR Data
4. Construct Airport Photovoltaic (PV) Solar Array Systems
5. Relocate Taxiway A (Phases 2, 3, 4 and 5)
6. Construct Taxiway J located west of Runway 18/36 – Phase 1 Grade and Drain
7. Construct Taxiway J located west of Runway 18/36 – Phase 2 Pave, Mark, and Light/Sign
8. Extend Taxiway H from Taxiway G to Runway 31 End
9. Reconstruct GA Apron
10. Rehabilitate or Replace Air Traffic Control Tower
11. Construct Aircraft Hangars
12. Renovate General Aviation Terminal Building and Supporting Infrastructure
13. Airfield Development, including Environmental/Plan/Study, archeological and other related studies
These projects have been developed from the Sponsor’s FAA Airport Capital Improvement Plan (ACIP) and IDOT Commercial Service Vertical Infrastructure Program (CSVI). A copy of each project CIP Data Sheet may be made available upon request.
The services to be provided may include, but are not limited to, preliminary design, final design, bidding, surveying, construction observation, and incidental special services such as geotechnical/subsurface investigations, archeological and topographic surveying.
A qualification-based selection process conforming to FAA Advisory Circular 150/5100-14E Architectural, Engineering, and Planning Consultant Services for Airport Grant Projects will be utilized to select a consultant. Fee information will not be considered in the selection process and shall not be submitted with the Statement. Fees will be negotiated for projects as federal funds become available.
From the Statements, consultants will be rated by a selection committee. The selection criteria and the weight given to each is as follows:
1. Capability to perform all aspects of the projects – qualifications of prime firm (and sub-consultants, if any) (25%);
2. Relevant experience of key personnel from prime firm (and sub-consultants, if any) and role (15%);
3. Knowledge of FAA and IDOT Aviation standards, policies, and procedures (15%);
4. Recent experience with comparable projects at similarly sized airports (15%);
5. History of meeting schedules and staying within budget (15%); and
6. Understanding of the project’s potential challenges and Sponsor’s concerns (15%).
The Sponsor intends to select the most qualified firm directly from submittals but reserves the option to short-list the highest rated firms and perform phone, informal, and/or formal interviews.
July 1, 2022 Advertise and solicit for Request for Qualifications
July 18, 2022 Deadline for consultants to submit written questions by 5:00 p.m.
July 26, 2022 Sponsor to provide answers to all written questions submitted
August 1, 2022 RFQ’s from consultants are due by 5:00 p.m.
August 3 – 5, 2022 Selection Committee review/rank RFQ’s received
August 8, 2022 If no interviews needed, notify consultant selected, request 5-year retainer contract for review
August 15, 2022 Receive consultant 5-year engineering retainer contract, forward to FAA for approval
August 23, 2022 Hold Airport Commission meeting to accept consultant, execute 5-year engineering retainer agreement pending FAA and City legal concurrence
TBD Notify consultants that were not selected
If Interviews Are Held
August 8, 2022 Schedule dates of interviews and notify selected consultants
August 15 – 18, 2022 Conduct interviews
August 19, 2022 Notify consultant selected, request 5-year engineering retainer contract for review
September 1, 2022 Receive consultant 5-year engineering retainer contract, forward to FAA for approval
September 27, 2022 Hold Airport Commission meeting to accept consultant, execute 5-year retainer agreement pending FAA and City legal concurrence
TBD Notify consultants that were not selected
The contract(s) between the Sponsor and the selected consultant will be subject to all applicable Federal Rules and Regulations as identified in AC 150/5100-14E.
Statements must be concise and contain no more than twenty-eight (28) pages of material (14 sheets of paper, double sided). This excludes the front and back covers, the two-page cover letter (1 sheet of paper, double sided), table of contents, section dividers, and resumes.
Consultants must submit five (5) hard copies of their Statement to the following person:
Sponsor’s Contact Person: Cheryl Sheldon
Name of Sponsor: Dubuque Regional Airport
Sponsor’s Mailing Address: 11000 Airport Road
Dubuque, Iowa 52003
and additionally one electronic copy to:
All hard copy and electronic statements must be received per the above deadline. Statements received after this deadline will not be considered. The Sponsor reserves the right to reject any and/or all Statements. Submittals will become property of the Sponsor.
Statements are to be provided in a package marked with “Airport Statement of Qualifications- Engineering” in the lower left-hand corner and the sender’s name and address in the upper left-hand corner.
All questions must be submitted via email to the above contact per the above deadline. The Sponsor will provide answers via reply email per the above schedule.