National Service Recognition Day Award Winners Announced
Heather Satterly, AmeriCorps Director
Oct. 13, 2021 -- For Immediate Release
DUBUQUE, Iowa – Mayor Roy D. Buol joined local leaders across the country in a nationwide, bipartisan initiative to highlight the impact of volunteerism and national service in tackling local problems.
The Dubuque National Service Partnership honored local volunteers, AmeriCorps Members, and AmeriCorps Senior volunteers at the National Service Recognition Day Award Ceremony that took place on Tuesday, Oct. 5, at 1 p.m. at the Multicultural Family Center. The following individuals were nominated for their service to the community:
- The Volunteer Service Award recognizes individuals who serve as volunteers whose service have made a significant impact on the organization(s) for which they serve/served.
- Jack Frick, Dubuque Arboretum & Botanical Gardens
- Laura Feipel, Dubuque Regional Humane Society
- Mary Ann Conzett, Multicultural Family Center
- Award Recipient: Laura Feipel
- The National Service Impact Award recognizes individuals who are alumni or current National Service members whose service made a significant impact on the site for which they have served.
- Alexis Farrall, Green Iowa AmeriCorps
- Janet Grass, City of Dubuque AmeriCorps Program: Partners in Learning
- Linda Sorensen, City of Dubuque AmeriCorps Program: Partners in Learning
- Mary Kay Patters, City of Dubuque AmeriCorps Program: Partners in Learning
- Tessie Strohm, City of Dubuque AmeriCorps Program: Creating Opportunities
- Award Recipient: Tessie Strohm
- The Champion of Service Award recognizes individuals or agencies that have demonstrated ongoing and sustained involvement and/or advocacy with National Service Programs.
- Award Recipients:
- 2021 - Mayor Roy D. Buol, City of Dubuque
- 2020 - Kim Stickney, City of Dubuque AmeriCorps Program Assistant
The Ceremony and nominations can be viewed at www.cityofdubuque.org/DNSP
The United Way of Dubuque Area Tri-States Board Members reviewed all submitted nominations and select the winners of the National Service Impact Award and the Volunteer Service Impact Award. The Dubuque National Service Partnership committee selects the recipient of the Champion of Service Award each year.
# # #The Dubuque National Service Partnership (DNSP) is a collaborative effort of AmeriCorps, the agency programs in Dubuque, including a variety of AmeriCorps and AmeriCorps Senior programs. The DNSP members are service providers including RSVP of Dubuque County, the City of Dubuque AmeriCorps Program, and United Way of Dubuque Area Tri-States. For more information on the Dubuque National Service Partnership, visit cityofdubuque.org/DNSP.
National Service Recognition Day is a nationwide bipartisan effort to recognize the positive impact of national service, to thank those who serve, and to encourage more citizens to give back to their communities. This day is sponsored by AmeriCorps, the Agency (Formerly known as the Corporation for National and Community Service), the National League of Cities, the National Association of Counties, and Cities of Service.
For more information including background and a list of participating county officials and mayors, visit NationalService.gov/RecognitionDay.
Please do not reply to this message. If you would like additional information on this issue, please contact the staff person identified at the top of the message or contact the City of Dubuque Public Information Office at email@example.com or 563.589.4151.