Friday, Nov. 20, 2020
Dubuque County: 141 New Cases, 98 Recoveries, and 1 Death. 3,286 Active Cases.
Iowa: 4,346 New Cases, 1,513 Recoveries, 25 Deaths, and 23 More Long-Term Care Facility Outbreaks
Convalescent Plasma Needed!
"Convalescent plasma" is plasma that can be collected from those who have recovered from COVID-19. It is used to treat those currently suffering symptoms and local healthcare providers are experiencing a critical shortage of convalescent plasma. If you have recovered from COVID-19, please consider donating to help those who are fighting COVID.
LOCAL OPTIONS FOR PLASMA DONATIONS:
American Red Cross: Call 1-800-RED-CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or find the nearest donation center by visiting RedCrossBlood.org.
Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center: Complete a self-referral form at bloodcenter.org/cp to see if you are eligible or call 833-610-1025.
Question on the Governor's Proclamation?
If you have questions regarding the Governor's Proclamations related to COVID-19, there have been phone numbers established to provide guidance and answers:
- Proclamation questions: 515-281-5211
- Legal Line 800-332-0419
For more information on the proclamations, visit https://governor.iowa.gov/press-release/gov-reynolds-signs-new-proclamation-modifying-public-health-measures
24-HOUR CHANGES & NEW TOTALS
(11 a.m. yesterday to 11 a.m. today):
- Dubuque County: 141 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 8,410
- Iowa: 4,346 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 203,033
- Dubuque County: 3,286 active cases (42 more than yesterday)
- Dubuque County: 1 additional death. Total deaths to date = 89
- Iowa: 25 additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 2,127
- Dubuque County Residents Hospitalized = 51 as of Nov. 18. (same as Nov. 17.)
- Iowans Currently hospitalized = 1,447 (69 less than yesterday.)
Dubuque County: Dubuque County: LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY OUTBREAKS
- Dubuque County: New recoveries = 98. Total number of recoveries = 5,035
- Iowa: New recoveries = 1,513. Total number of recoveries = 114,292
4 long-term care facility outbreaks (same as yesterday) with 176 positive cases (75 more than yesterday), 9 new positive cases in the last 14 days, and 87 recoveries (53 more than yesterday):
- Dubuque Specialty Care, Dubuque (70 positive cases, 7 in the last 14 days, and 41 recoveries)
- Luther Manor Communities, Dubuque (82 positive cases, 0 new positive cases in the last 14 days, and 25 recoveries)
- ManorCare Health Services, Dubuque (13 positive cases, 0 new positive cases in the last 14 days, and 5 recoveries)
- Shady Rest Care Center, Cascade (11 positive cases, 2 new positive cases in the last 14 days, and 2 recoveries)
outbreaks (23 more than yesterday) with 4,282 positive cases, 1,882 recoveries, and 982 deaths to date.* Record HighTESTING & POSITIVITY RATE (Calculated by IDPH)
- 302 more individuals tested. Total residents tested to date = 42,044
- Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 22.1%, average to date = 20%.
- 10,758 more individuals tested. Total Iowa residents tested to date = 1,144,671
- Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 22.6%, average to date = 17.7%