Friday, Aug. 21, Update
13 New Cases in Dubuque County, 878 New Cases and Five Deaths Statewide
24-HOUR CHANGES & NEW TOTALS
(11 a.m. yesterday to 11 a.m. today):
- Dubuque County: 13 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 1,871
- Iowa: 878 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 54,709
DEATHS TESTING & POSITIVITY RATE*Dubuque County:
- 117 more individuals tested. Total residents tested to date = 22,728
- Dubuque County Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 6.9%*, average to date = 8.2%.
- 6,840 more individuals tested. Total Iowa residents tested to date = 585,503
- Iowa Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 7.2%*, average to date = 9.3%
* The positivity rates are calculated by the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH). Positive cases are assigned to the date the test was collected. Because the time between collection and reporting can take several days, trends over time are monitored in addition to a single day. Therefore, the 14-day positivity rate is a preferred indicator of community spread and positivity rate. A screenshot of the new IDPH Positive Case Analysis dashboard is provided below. Click on it to visit the dashboard. For county-specific data, click on the county in the map.
- Dubuque County: Hospitalized = 10 as of Aug. 20, the same as Aug. 18.
- Iowa*: Currently hospitalized = 293. Down seven yesterday.
*NOTE: Due to severe weather conditions on August 10, 2020, some Iowans being treated for COVID-19 in a long-term care facility or at home may be transferred to a hospital or other health care facility for temporary treatment due to damage to their place of residence. This may cause hospitalization data or other data on the site to fluctuate in the short term.
- Dubuque County: New recoveries = 24. Total number of recoveries = 1,324
- Iowa: New recoveries = 519. Total number of recoveries = 42,843
A positive COVID-19 patient is considered recovered if it has been at least 10 days since symptoms first appeared, they have gone at least 24 hours with no fever without fever-reducing medication, and symptoms have improved.
LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY OUTBREAKS
- Dubuque County: No long-term care facility outbreaks.
- Iowa: 34 outbreaks (one more than yesterday)
For the most current information on COVID-19, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov. For COVID-19 information specific to Dubuque County, visit www.dubuquecounty.org/COVID19.
Thursday, Aug. 20, Video Update
Yesterday's video update from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team is available at https://youtu.be/ImbMLy8CLpY
Free Local Testing Opportunities
The Dubuque Test Iowa Clinic, operated by Epic Health and Wellness, continues to offer free COVID-19 testing for any Iowan. To be tested at this location, you must first take the Test Iowa assessment at www.testiowa.com. All testing at this location is by appointment, Monday through Thursday. After taking the assessment, appointments can be made by calling 563.583.6595 or scheduled online.
Hartig Drug Company pharmacies and Union Family Pharmacy are also offering free COVID-19 test collection, also by appointment, in Dubuque. This free COVID-19 test collection program is not affiliated with Test Iowa and is implemented in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and eTrueNorth, a laboratory services company focused on enhancing pharmacies’ access to diagnostic laboratory testing.
Test collection sites for this program can be found at DoINeedACovid19Test.com. The online portal helps patients make test collection appointments. Any individual, regardless of their state of residence, is eligible to test, even if they are not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
Please note that advance registration is required and test collection schedules vary by site. To register, or for more information, visit DoINeedACovid19Test.com