City of Dubuque's Finance Department Hours of Operation to Change
Jennifer Larson, Director of Finance and Budget
July 28, 2020 -- For Immediate Release
DUBUQUE, Iowa – The City of Dubuque Finance Department has announced new hours of operation. Effective August 3, 2020, finance staff, including utility billing staff, will be available:
- Monday - Thursday, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Friday, 7 a.m. - 1 p.m.
The change comes in an effort for staff to be more available to assist utility customers, especially those who need service before 8 a.m. These new hours do not impact other City departments or facility operations.
Currently, most City facilities are closed to the public and all face-to-face and in-person payment transactions at City Hall and other City facilities are suspended until further notice due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Utility bill payment options during this time include:
- ACH (Automated Clearing House) and e-check automatic bill payments will continue as regularly scheduled.
- Payments may be made online at www.cityofdubuque.org/payment. Payments can also be made by phone 24/7 by calling 563.589.4144 and then selecting option #1 for phone payments. E-check payments will have no fee. Credit cards will have an applicable transaction fee.
- Checks can be mailed to: Utility Billing, City Hall, 50 W. 13th St., Dubuque, IA 52001.
- At drop boxes located outside City Hall at the 13th Street entrance (please do not put cash in the drop box).
- Cash payments will not be accepted.
Customers seeking assistance with applying or discontinuing service, signing up for financial assistance, or other questions may call the City’s Utility Billing Department at 563.589.4144 during the new hours of operation.
For more information on utility billing payments or payment plan options, visit www.cityofdubuque.org/utilitybilling
or contact Utility Billing Supervisor Rose Hoerner at 563.589.4144 or firstname.lastname@example.org
# # #