Miller Riverview Park and Campground Opening on May 27 with Extra Safety Protocols
Stephen Fehsal, Park Division Manager
May 21, 2020 -- For Immediate Release
DUBUQUE, Iowa – The City of Dubuque will open Miller Riverview Park at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, May 27, for self-contained camping units only.
A combination of weather, campground readiness, and the COVID-19 pandemic has delayed the opening. Staff have been working to prepare the campground for use as well as implementing best practices for COVID-19 related safety protocols for operation.
A variety of new protocols/practices will be in place at the campground to minimize the risk of spreading the virus:
- The campground will be open for self-contained camping units only (RV/trailers with bathroom facilities or tents/pop-up campers with portable toilets).
- All campground restrooms and shower buildings remain closed, including drinking fountains.
- Playgrounds and pavilions remain closed.
- The campground will be open to campers only, no visitors.
- Water, electricity, and park dump stations will be available.
- Picnic tables are available for use at own risk.
- Campfires at campsites should be for occupants of the campsite only.
- Current reservation rates apply.
Additional signage will be posted throughout facility reminding campers of regulations and safety practices. Some campsites may be blocked off to create a buffer between recreational campers to maintain social distancing guidelines. The campground office will remain closed to the public and customers will be encouraged to use the online reservation system for reservations and payment. A check-in kiosk will be installed near the office to facilitate cash reservations.
To make a reservation or for current rates, please visit www.cityofdubuque.org/millerriverview
. For more information, call the City of Dubuque Leisure Services Department at 563-589-4263.
# # #