City of Dubuque Bill/Fee Payments During COVID-19 Closures
Utility Billing Department
March 17, 2020 -- For Immediate Release
DUBUQUE, Iowa – To reduce potential spread of COVID-19, the City of Dubuque is suspending all face to face and in-person payment transactions until further notice at the following City locations:
- City Hall
- City Hall Annex
- Leisure Services Department Office at Bunker Hill
- Housing and Community Development Department at Historic Federal Building* (*this building remains open to public access but there is no public access to the Housing and Community Development Department offices)
- Municipal Service Center
- Multicultural Family Center
For utility billing payment information and other Utility Billing Department provided services please see information below. For all other City department payment options please contact individual departments directly. For a list of departments contact information please visit the City of Dubuque website: www.cityofdubuque.org
Utility Billing payment options during this period include:
- ACH (Automated Clearing House) and e-check automatic bill payments will continue as regularly scheduled.
- Payments may be made online at www.cityofdubuque.org/payment. Payments can also be made by phone 24/7 by calling 563-589-4144 and then selecting option #1 for phone payments. E-check payments will have no fee. Credit cards will have an applicable transaction fee.
- Checks can be mailed to: Utility Billing, City Hall, 50 W. 13th St., Dubuque, IA 52001.
- At drop boxes located outside City Hall at the 13th Street entrance (please do not put cash in the drop box).
- Cash payments will not be accepted.
In addition, the City of Dubuque will be suspending water shut-offs temporarily. This will not alleviate the bill as late fees will continue to be charged until the balances are addressed.
Individuals or contractors in need of water taps or water meters can contact the Water Department at 563-589-4291 for additional details.
Single use refuse and yard waste stickers will not be available to purchase at City Hall and instead will be available at area stores for purchase. Annual yard stickers can be purchased online or by telephone and will be sent out by mail.
Bus passes will not be available for purchase at City Hall until further notice and instead can be purchased at the City’s Intermodal Center located at 950 Elm St., Dubuque, Iowa.
Parking tickets can be paid online at www.cityofdubuque.org/payment
, dropped off at the City Hall drop box, 50 West 13th St., or paid by credit card over the phone, or the City will also be accepting credit card or check (no cash) payments at the City’s Intermodal Center located at 950 Elm Street until further notice.
Customers seeking assistance with applying or discontinuing service, signing up for financial assistance, or other questions may call the City’s Utility Billing department at 563-589-4144 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday or see the City’s website.
For more resources and information, please visit www.cityofdubuque.org/utilitybilling
The City of Dubuque will continue to monitor the situation and make decisions that support public health and reduce spread of COVID-19. The public will be updated as needed.
# # #