Bill/Fee Payments During COVID-19 Closures
To reduce potential spread of COVID-19, the City of Dubuque has suspended all face to face and in-person payment transactions until further notice.
Payment options during this period include:
- ACH (Automated Clearing House) and e-check automatic bill payments will continue as regularly scheduled.
- Payments may be made online at www.cityofdubuque.org/payment. Payments can also be made by phone 24/7 by calling 563.589.4144 and then selecting option #1 for phone payments. E-check payments will have no fee. Credit cards will have an applicable transaction fee.
- Checks can be mailed to: Utility Billing, City Hall, 50 W. 13th St., Dubuque, IA 52001.
- At drop boxes located outside City Hall at the 13th Street entrance (please do not put cash in the drop box).
- Cash payments will not be accepted.
The City of Dubuque has suspended water shut-offs temporarily. In addition, late fees on past due utility bills are temporarily suspended starting March 20, 2020.
Customers seeking assistance with applying or discontinuing service, signing up for financial assistance, or other questions may call the City’s Utility Billing Department at 563.589.4144 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Questions About Your Monthly Bill
If you have questions about your reading dates, monthly usage, or payment dates, please contact Utility Billing Customer Service at 563.589.4144 or email@example.com.
Process for Late Payments
If you are unable to make your utility payment by the due date, a 5% penalty is added to your monthly bill. Customers who are delinquent receive an automated reminder call and a delinquent notice in the mail.
Accounts are subject to disconnect when the balance is over $25 and the account is more than 30 days past due. In the event of a disconnection a $50 disconnect fee is charged to the customer. The water will not be turned on until the entire account balance and disconnect fee is paid in full. Note, due to COVID-19, the City of Dubuque has suspended water shut-offs temporarily. This does not alleviate the bill as late fees will continue to be charged until the balances are addressed.
We encourage customers who are delinquent, to contact our office and make payment arrangements.
50 W. 13th St.
Dubuque, IA 52001-4805