The City Manager's Office is the administrative services department for the City of Dubuque.
The City Manager's Office includes the:
- City Manager
- Two Assistant City Managers
- Budget Director
- GIS Coordinator / Analyst
- Neighborhood Development Specialist
- Office Manager
- Public Information Officer
- Sustainability Coordinator
- Three Secretaries
- Management Intern
The Personnel Office also is part of the City Manager's Office, and includes a personnel director, personnel assistant, and secretary.
The City of Dubuque has operated under the Council-Manager form of government since 1920. This system combines the strength of an elected Mayor and City Council with a Professional Manager and staff.
It is the City Manager's job is to make sure the policy decisions made by the City Council are carried out and that public services are delivered efficiently and effectively.
Michael C. Van Milligen,
Cindy Steinhauser, Assistant City ManagerEmail
Assistant City ManagerEmail
50 W. 13th St.
Dubuque, IA 52001
The City Manager is responsible for:
- Making recommendations to the Council, which the Council may accept, reject, or modify. The City Manager must then implement any action taken by the Council
- Making budget recommendations to the City Council
- Overseeing nearly 30 department and division managers, who supervise more than 500 employees