The Dubuque City Council will hold a series of six public meetings to review City department/division budget details as part of the Fiscal Year (FY) 2018 recommended budget review process.
The City Council will then hold a final public hearing on Tuesday, March 7, to adopt the FY2018 Operating and Capital Budgets.
The public is invited to attend and provide input at these meetings as City staff from each department and division present FY2018 budget information to the City Council. Budget meetings are also aired live on Dubuque’s CityChannel (Mediacom cable channels 8 and 117.2) and streamed live and archived on the City’s website at www.cityofdubuque.org/media. All meetings begin at 6:00 p.m. and are held in the City Council Chambers on the second floor of the Historic Federal Building at 350 W. Sixth St.
• Thursday, Feb. 9: Information Services, City Attorney, City Manager's Office, City Council, City Clerk, and Cable TV
• Monday, Feb. 13: Library, Planning Services, Finance, Human Rights, Airport, and Health Services
• Thursday, Feb. 16: Housing and Community Development, Transit, Parking, and Economic Development
• Wednesday, Feb. 22: Purchase of Services, Five Flags Civic Center, Grand River Center, Parks, and Recreation
• Thursday, Feb. 23: Emergency Management, Emergency Communications, Police, Fire, Building Services
• Monday, Feb. 27: Water, Water & Resource Recovery Center, Public Works and Engineering
• Tuesday, March 7: Public Hearing to adopt the Fiscal Year 2018 budget
Dubuque City Manager Michael Van Milligen will present the FY2018 Recommended Budget document to the City Council at their regular meeting on Monday, Feb. 6. The recommended budget materials will also be posted on the City of Dubuque website on Tuesday, Feb. 7, at www.cityofdubuque.org/FY2018budget and printed copies will be made available for viewing at the City Clerk’s Office in City Hall, and available for checkout from the Carnegie-Stout Public Library Reference Desk.
Input may also be submitted through an online form available at www.cityofdubuque.org/FY2018budget. For more information, contact Budget Director Jennifer Larson at 589-4110 or firstname.lastname@example.org.